Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Self-Reflection of a Year in Globaloria

This year has been great, just like previous years! This year, we created educational games in Flash, which were about Healthy Living or Safe Driving. Of course, I really enjoyed making my game about Healthy Living. I did mine about choosing healthy foods and reading fun facts about them. I also included unhealthy choices because the player might not know why this choice isn't the best choice. Throughout the game, I was thinking of how I was really focused. I finished one scene and jumped to another scene. That was the good thing about this year: I wasn't like last year. I didn't wait for my work to be due in a specific date. This year, as soon as I finished something, I would immediately proceed to my next step. I also learned new things. We created a Mobile Game in Flash and we had to program it with Action Script 3. To me, it was really hard! This was my first year, so I haven't got used to it...Anyways, using Action Script 3, was also a new experience to me because even though it was difficult, I really like challenges! Now I see myself learning new things in Globaloria. I have also acquired new skills. First of all, I didn't know how to work with the key frames. It was something that I wanted to learn, so as I began to play with Flash, it seemed that I just wanted to keep on going. I also like that I got way better in drawing in Flash. Drawing in Flash is one of the things that I enjoy the most because throughout drawings, I can express myself. Previous years, I did draw good, but I got more creative and gained more imagination...I think. Not also did I did good in Flash, but writing a blog too. I was already good at it, but now I can be myself by expressing my thoughts and I love it!
In this year, I even won a Globey Award for best Hidden Object Game. This was a great accomplishment in my life!
Well, this year is about to be over, but I will miss Globaloria because it's actually my favorite class! This was my favorite game that I created in Flash this year:



No comments:

Post a Comment