Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Game Ingredients


Write about a problem you overcame while working on the code for one of the game ingredients.
Well, first of all, I had problems with all three game ingredients. For the Overlay Objects, I swear that I couldn't hide the objects. I mean seriously! I tried and tried, until I was beginning to experiment the layers. The problem was resolved by making the object WHERE you wanted to hide it in. For example, I wanted to hide the whole wheat bread. I had to make the toaster first and then the bread. It was something easy when I did it! Another problem was Win, and Losing Screens. I had trouble making the background. I know, at first you are like, background?...that is so easy! It turned out that I was using the brush tool. When you use the brush tool, it can be very difficult to fill in the background with the color you want it to be. You have to go through the lines and make sure that they are all closed. I didn't exactly do that. I did the background and I made another layer where I want to be like the background that I wanted it to look like. Then I copied the background and BAM...it did work! The last problem was the Magnifying Glass. That one gave me lots of trouble. On that one, I asked people for help because honestly, I didn't know how to put the mask on and all of that stuff. The only thing that I needed help with, was to get the magnifying glass to move. I mean, it did have the Zoom, but with a little help from somebody, it did work, and I am very thankful to her. Even if you are good at programming, sometimes the ones that are advanced, can have trouble with these little mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ana,
    What a coincidence. I somehow forgot about having a layer behind the your preference. That is one small problem I had at the beginning. I am glad you asked for help. We both tried to fix our zooming, which was the most difficult ingredient. Great Job explaining every single detail of your difficulties. Your blog was easy to understand.

    Truly, Arlette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ana Me and you had almost the same fears and I'm really happy for you that you overcame all your fears and your game works perfectly Great job describing and Explaining everything I Understood everything and Its Easy to read and understand .

    ReplyDelete