Monday, November 5, 2012

Paper Prototype 1


What did you learn from creating a game with paper and pencil?
Well, I myself learned about staying healthy while I was drawing some of the pictures. I researched on healthy breakfast and I found an Egg McMuffin, but it turns out that it has too much of calories. Wheat bread it way better than white bread, and I've noticed that when you eat white bread, it gets stuck to  your teeth...something that is deeply annoying! Actually, yes, I did learn while I was drawing the Paper Prototype. In another way, planning your game with paper and pencil is way better that to just put them into play. When you are planning, you are also brainstorming and you want to put a lot of ideas, that while you are working, another idea comes to the top of your head! With paper and pencil, it's easy to imagine your game.

What was easy about drawing your hidden object game? What was hard?
Well, for me, I think that drawing the unhealthy and healthy foods were easy because I have chosen to eat healthy in real life. You could say that I kind of know what is healthy for you and what not eat all the time. A real problem is to not eat much of one food. For example, hot cheetos and takis. That was probably hard for me. When I eat cheetos, I didn't eat like just a pinch, but I ate the whole bag which was...not acceptable! The hardest thing was when we had to decide what will be going on when the Primary Game Scene was in play because we had like a ton of ideas.

What do you need to still add to your game?
Well, we need to add the instructions scene, the winning/losing scene, maybe the credits page, and of course other levels, if we decide to make more.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion I think you have a great game idea. I think that your game will be very good and i really can't wait to play your game . I really like how the fast food and healthy food are going to be part of the hidden objects . GREAT JOB ANA ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems really interesting and I love the way you went into very detail with the process of making the background. I cant wait to play and see your game.

    ReplyDelete