Friday, October 5, 2012

Presidential Debate

Tell me about your thoughts on the first Presidential Debate that took place last night.
What issues were brought up by the moderator?
Well, last night that I saw the Presidential Debate, there was only one topic that they were focused on and that was: the economy. Other topics such as, the environment, the war, the tax code, the education, and the health care were brought up during their debate. I heard that Obama wants to invest education. Romney describes what he wants to do to do America. I remember that he wants to have a balanced budget, energy independent, more trait, have skills in education, and the one that he really wants to do is make small business.
What did you understand? What was confusing to you?
Well, to be honest I really didn't understand what both were saying, but I did get that Obama really cares about education. I didn't really get the part where they were saying that about the Social Security and the Medicare. It was like so confusing to me because I got lost when Obama was saying that about the entitlement. When Romney was saying that he doesn't want to make that much of changes, but on Medicare retirees and then cutting down $16 million, etc.
Who do you think did a better job of expressing their views and plans for confronting the social issues affecting our society today?
 I really don't know who did a better job of expressing their views and plans for confronting the social issues affecting our society today. Why? Well, because in the first place Romney and Obama were talking too fast and it was like so hard to keep up to what they were saying. Second of all, when Obama was speaking, Romney would interrupt. Third of all, I am not sure because the next morning, my grandma and me were watching,"Despierta America," and they were saying that maybe Obama lost the debate because they were saying that he was supposed to concentrate on the public, but he was mostly concentrating on what Romney's argument was. Well, I don't mean to offend any of the voters who will choose their candidate, but I don't think that none of them, supported their plans. I just don't prefer Romney because it's really not fair that he doesn't believe in immigration. Some have said that he does, but not illegally. That isn't fair either because some people search for the quality of life, meaning a better life. They only have one choice: come to the U.S. and get a job to support themselves or support their family. Well, hopefully that whoever wins, "changes America."

No comments:

Post a Comment